A lot of people have been requesting for me to explain how to gain weight, so here it is :)
1. Set realistic goals
This guide will be very similar to the losing weight one, in order to gain weight without feeling like you have come up short means that you will have to once again set yourself realistic, short term goals.
2. Keep a food diary
If you want to put on weight, then you will want to know howmuch you were eating. Have a week of eating what you would normally eat and then analyse the food diary to see where more calorie intake could take place.
3. Don't lounge around all day
Yes, it will help you to gain weight more quickly, but it will all be in the wrong areas. What you want to do is about 30 mins exercise every day so that this extra food can be turned into muscle rather than fat.
4. Some quick tips
There isn't much to say in this guide, but a few quick tips for gaining weight are in these foods:
- Have an extra slice of whole-grain toast with peanut butter at breakfast.
- Add extra cheese to an omelet.
- Slice an apple and serve with almond butter.
- Stir chopped nuts into plain yogurt and top with honey.
- Carry a bag of trail mix for a convenient snack.
- Serve yourself larger portions of starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet corn.
- Add calories with a healthy beverage such as milk, 100% fruit juices, or vegetable juice.